NISCA – the Northern Ireland Schools & Colleges Careers Association – is an association which works to enhance the quality of Careers provision in schools and Regional Colleges and to create a desire for life-long learning.
The Roles of NISCA :
On behalf of its members, NISCA will endeavour to :
- Raise the profile of careers practitioners in schools and colleges.
- Provide a networking facility for careers practitioners.
- Make representation on policy structure and resources to all relevant statutory bodies and other organisations in relation to the provision, delivery and evaluation of CEIAG.
- Work in partnership with key organisations involved in CEIAG.
- Facilitate Continuous Professional Development opportunities in consultation with its members.
- Promote dialogue with employers and employers’ organisations.
- Maintain links, exchange views and ideas and disseminate best practice among careers practitioners within Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and Great Britain.
NISCA membership is primarily composed of teachers and managers representing schools and colleges. Membership is spread across institutions throughout Northern Ireland.